War Memorials of Wisconsin

Memorials in Delafield, Wisconsin

There are 7 known memorials in Delafield, WI:

Type of Memorial Memorial Photo(s) Location GPS Map(s) Date Obtained
Artillery M1841 6-pdr. bronze field gun St. John's-NW Military Academy,
East of flagpole, North gun
N 43 03.860'
W 88 24.437'
?
Artillery M1841 6-pdr. bronze field gun St. John's-NW Military Academy,
East of flagpole, South gun
N 43 03.853'
W 88 24.439'
?
Artillery M1 57mm
anti-tank gun
St. John's-NW Military Academy,
St. John's Rd & Farrand Ln
N 43 03.899'
W 88 24.352'
?
Artillery M1A1 75mm pack howitzer St. John's-NW Military Academy,
North of flagpole
N 43 03.875'
W 88 24.459'
?
Artillery Type 41 75mm
mountain gun
St. John's-NW Military Academy,
South side of church
N 43 03.871'
W 88 24.412'
?
Markers Cushing Memorial see below Cushing Park ? n/a 31May1915
Markers Memorial to unknowns see below ? ? n/a ?

 

Cushing Memorial
To see photo(s) click here.

Cushing Memorial Park in Delafield was established in 1911 on the old Cushing family homestead. That same year, the state legislature authorized the governor to work with the Waukesha County Historical Society in the erection of a monument to the three Cushing Brothers. The GAR and its Allied societies worked to maintain the park for many years. On May 31, 1915, a very imposing and beautiful obelisk was dedicated to the three Cushing's. Miss Catherine Cushing, daughter of William Barker Cushing, unveiled the monument. The monument and the park cost $10,000. The state appropriated $5,000 of this and the remainder was made up by contributions. Located northwest of the intersection of Main Street (Hwy. DR) and Cushing Park Road.

Memorial to unknowns
To see photo(s) click here.