The M48 Patton evolved from the M47 Patton. About 11,703 M48's were built between 1952 and 1959. It mounted a 90mm main gun. The M48 was superseded by the M60.
There are 2 known M48s on display in Wisconsin. They are at the following locations:
|City Located||Photo(s)||Model Number||Serial No. /
|Arcadia, WI||M48A5||SN 10960
435 E Gavney Rd.
|N 44° 14.647'
W 91° 29.910'
|Camp Douglas, WI||M48||SN 3748*
Wisconsin National Guard Museum
|N 43° 55.673'
W 90° 15.818'
©2009. War Memorials of Wisconsin. All rights reserved.